Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips, 2000 kN
W-5440 | Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips, 2000 kN
Capacity 2000kN (450,000 lbf, 200,000 kgf)
Set of 2000kN Dual Side-Acting (DSA) Hydraulic Grips. Both sides of the grip are powered. Patent-pending DuraSync® design allows opposing clamping surfaces to travel in a synchronized motion to provide automatic on-center clamping of specimens. Capable of testing slightly bent or irregular specimens such as rebar or wire rod. Includes grip clamp/un-clamp/neutral controls on ergonomic handset.
Standard Tensile Specimens:
- Flats: 0 - 120 mm (0 - 4.72 in) thick x 182 mm (7.17 in) wide
- Rounds: 3 - 100 mm (0.12 - 3.94 in) diameter
- Requires W-5441 and W-5442 series jaw faces, sold separately
* Minimum specimen length: 420 mm (16.5 in)
Wire Strand Specimens:
- Wire Strand: 5 - 25 mm (3/16 - 1 in) nominal diameter
- Requires W-5448 holders and W-5404 series inserts, sold separately
* Minimum specimen length: 610 mm (24.0 in)
Cyclic (Thru-Zero) Specimens:
- Flats: 0 - 85 mm (0 - 3.35 in) thick x 175 mm (6.88 in) wide
- Rounds: 3 - 85 mm (0.12 - 3.35 in) diameter
- Requires W-5445 wedge support kit and W-5446, W-5447 series jaw faces, sold separately. Jaw faces can also be used for standard tensile testing.
* Minimum specimen length: 426 mm (16.8 in)
* Minimum specimen lengths listed above are theoretical and do not account for the use of an extensometer.
Measured with zero clearance between upper and lower grips, and can be test frame dependent.
Ambient temperature use only
Weight per Grip Body: 1985 kg (4380 lbs)
- Width: 1130 mm (44.5 in)
- Height: 610 mm (24.0 in)
- Depth: 591 mm (23.3 in)
Effective Height (including mounting):
- Upper Grip Assembly: 724 mm (28.5 in)
- Lower Grip Assembly: 883 mm (34.75 in)
- Standard mounting interface kits are available for KPX series testing systems. Must include appropriate mounting kit. See W-5440-* (Consult Factory for all other applications and system configurations.)
- CAUTION! When testing slightly bent or curved specimens, clamping side load imbalances in excess of 22 kN (5,000 lbf) will likely damage the grips.
- Maximum frequency for thru-zero cyclic testing is 1 hertz. Consult Factory for load frame requirements and S4 number when thru-zero testing is required.
|Masse||1,985 kg (4,380 lb)|
|Largeur||1130 mm (24.0 in)|
|Capacité||2,000 kN (450,000 lbf)|
|Lower Effective Length||610 mm (44.5 in)|
|Fixation inférieure||Bolt Flange|
|Gamme de températures||+ 10 to +50 °C (+50 to +120 °F)|
|Upper Effective Length||610 mm (44.5 in)|
|Upper Fitting||Bolt Flange|
Instron® hydraulic side-acting grips provide an innovative solution for high-capacity testing and deliver enhanced gripping performance, usability, and operator safety over traditional grip designs. These advanced grips maintain a constant clamping force on the specimen that acts perpendicular to the direction of testing and is independent of tensile loading.
- 1.1 MB