Lead Frame and Wire Bond Pull Test
- Accurate grip and specimen alignment
- Proper gripping of the substrate or printed circuit board (PCB)
- Determining failure location with real-time data
- Instron’s micro pneumatic grips are designed to hold the lead frames in an accurate position for the pull test. Other grips, such as wire pull hooks, are also available to align and hold the lead-frame accurately.
- Instron’s XY stages are designed to accurately mount and position any rigid or flexible printed circuit boards. The stage has the capability to adjust the X and Y axis using a micrometer and also the angular position (theta) to enable easier gripping of micro components with a fine pitch assembly. These stages are either manual or are motorized to fully automate the lead pull test to ensure high accuracy and repeatability.
- The TestCam Module for Bluehill® Universal is designed to shoot high frame rate videos while a test is being conducted. The camera can be synced with the software to observe images and videos at various test points in real time.
- Bluehill Universal software is designed for the user to add calculations and plot various response curves such as force vs. displacement or stress vs. strain that is relevant to the application. In the lead tensile test, the software can be used to plot the force vs. displacement curve to identify the maximum load needed to break the lead-frame from the solder joint.
Catalog Number 2712-212/213/214
- 85.5 KB
Catalog Number 2860-001
- 93.5 KB
Pneumatic action grips allows rapid, easy loading of specimens from delicate films to polymers and woven fabrics. This provides a very simple and efficient method for holding test specimens easily and quickly.
- 108.4 KB
5900 Universal Testing Systems are engineered for precision, built for durability, and offer the flexibility for changing requirements. They are designed with standard and optional features that increase testing efficiency and improve the testing experience for the operator. A wide range of models are available for testing capacities from < 100N up to 600kN.
- 2.8 MB